Yellow Cherry Tomato Sauce gives these decadent Cannelloni a light, springtime makeover. We're making these all weekend.
Recipe by one of our favs, Chef Danielle Bernal @the_mezzaluna
1 lb ricotta cheese
8 oz cooked spinach, thawed from frozen or sauteed then squeezed dry
8 oz freshly grated mozzarella
1⁄2 cup parmigiano, finely grated
1 large egg
1 garlic clove, finely grated
Grating of nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 bunch fresh basil, chopped
1 jar of Our Pantry Cherry Tomato Sauce
18 – 22 dried cannelloni tubes
1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients together and mix well until fully incorporated. Fill a piping bag with filling and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil cannelloni noodles in salted water until just under al dente- about 2 minutes before package instructions say they are done. Rinse under cool water to stop the cooking.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish lightly in olive oil, then spread a heaping cup of Our Pantry Cherry Tomato Sauce evenly across the bottom of the dish.
- Using your piping bag, carefully fill each cannelloni tube with the filling then line them in the baking dish.
- Top the filled cannelloni with the remaining Cherry Tomato Sauce, mozzarella and parm. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes then uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.