Fighting a cold or looking for a gut reset (because you've been eating too much pasta, like us?!)? Make this warming and satisfying Spring Veggie Soup by our favorite, Marianna Velasquez. Our Roasted Tomato Onion Salsa bring a depth of flavor to the soup and a light kick from Smoked Chipotle Chilies from Fire Tongue Farm.
1 fennel bulb, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup of Roasted Tomato Onion Salsa
Chicken broth, 2 pints
1 cup asparagus, chopped
1 cup sugar snapped peas, chopped
Salt and Pepper
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a dutch oven. Warm on medium. Add fennel and sweat until translucent, approx 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, stir to combine
- Add Salsa and chicken broth, bringing to a boil
- Once carrots are tender add asparagus and sugar snapped peas and simmer on low until asparagus is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh herbs and crusty bread!