We are using the last of the season squash blossoms to make this delicate and light home-made pizza. Deceptively easy dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 jar of Chef Silvia Barban's Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Store bought pizza dough (or you can follow Chef Silvia's recipe here)
- 6 pieces of fresh mozzarella
- 6 squash blossoms
- 1 baby zucchini, cut into thin slices plus the leaves of the zucchini blossom if available
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh basil
- Prepare the squash blossoms: rinse, remove stems and open flower to remove pollen bulb
- Roll out dough into a circle and place on an oiled, round pizza pan (we like the one with holes on the bottom), but a regular sheet pan will do
- Preheat the oven to 500F
- Using a ladle, spoon the Cherry Tomato Sauce onto the pizza, leaving out the edges.
- Cook pizza for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add mozzarella, squash blossoms, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and EVOO, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and more EVOO
- Cut the pizza and serve it up!