Our sweet cherry tomato sauce makes homemade pizza easier and more delicious than ever. Paired with charred kale for an epic and veggie-forward pizza feast. The little ones won't skip veggies tonight!
36 hours, 6 servings
- 1 jar of Chef Silvia Barban's Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 package (2.2lbs) of "00" pizza flour
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp yeast
- 2.5 cups room temperature water
- 6 pieces of fresh mozzarella
- 1 handful of washed, torn pieces of kale
Pizza Dough (ala Chef Silvia Barban)
- Combine flour and 1 1/4 cups of water in the bowl of a stand mixer using the hook attachment (can also do this by hand).
- After 2 minutes, add the yeast little by little, followed by the rest of the water.
- After 5 minutes of mixing, make sure the temperature isn't higher than room temperature and add the salt until everything is combined.
- Take out the dough, and shape it into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl or container, and cover it with a towel or saran wrap.
- Place in fridge for 24 hours.
- The next day, take out the dough 5 hours before wanting to use it, and portion it into 2 balls. Reserve one for later.
- Roll out dough into an oiled 12x15 pan, leaving the edges thicker for the "cornicione" crust.
- Let it proof until it has tripled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 500F
- Using a ladle, spoon the Cherry Tomato Sauce onto the pizza, leaving out the edges.
- Cook pizza for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add mozzarella, kale, EVOO, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Cut the pizza and serve it up!