A must try meatball recipe if you're looking to spice things up a bit. Recipe courtesy of Chloe's Kitchen.
1/2lb 85/25 organic ground beef
1/2lb organic ground pork
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs (or gluten free)
4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp water
1.5 cups whole milk ricotta
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp Maldon sea salt
Fresh basil and Parmesan
Grilled ciabatta bread (optional)
- For the meatballs, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix to combine until it just comes together. Do not over mix or your meatball will get tough.
- Spoon out an oversized tablespoon of mixture in to your hands and roll in to balls.
- Sear the meatballs in a cast iron skillet in some olive oil over a high heat on each side until browned. About 1-2 minutes per side.
- Then transfer the skillet to an oven preheated to 400 F and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are in the oven work on your whipped ricotta.
- For the whipped ricotta, put all the ingredients in a food processor or vitamix blender and blend on high until creamy, light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Spoon out over your favorite serving platter, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Spoon dollops of room temperature or warmed Roasted Tomato Onion Salsa over the whipped ricotta. Place meatballs on top and spoon remainder of the salsa.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil and Parmesan.
- Serve warm with grilled ciabatta bread rubbed with a clove of garlic and drizzled with olive oil.