A delicious alternative to hamburgers, these BBQ chicken burgers are juicy and perfect for any time of the year.
30 minutes, 4 servings
- 1/2 cup of Chef Adrienne Cheatham's Sweet Ginger BBQ
- 1.5 lb ground chicken (blend of dark and white meat is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Hamburger buns (optional)
- Preheat your grill, grill pan, or a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, and preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place the ground chicken in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the onion, garlic, and ginger powders, black pepper and salt over the meat. Using your hands or a spatula, mix well to thoroughly distribute the seasonings.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 4 equal patties on a plate or tray and lightly oil both sides of each patty.
- Place the patties on the grill or skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until you have dark grill marks or a deep brown sear. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Place the patties on a lightly oiled, foil-lined baking sheet and brush with the BBQ sauce on both sides.
- Place the sheet in the oven and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve on traditional buns or Bib lettuce with toppings of your choice.