A favorite breakfast dish, Uovo in Purgatorio with Cherry Tomato Arrabbiata has all the flavorings you crave in the morning: sweetness from the cherry tomatoes and a kick to get you going. Served with crunchy bread, you can't go wrong.
30 minutes, 2 servings
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jars of Chef Silvia Barban's Cherry Tomato Arrabbiata
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 parsley leaves
- 8 mint leaves
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat. Put olive oil, red onion and cherry tomatoes and let it cook down slowly.
- Add the arrabbiata sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Crack 4 eggs into pan, keeping them separate.
- Cover the pan and let cook for 5 minutes.
- On a baking pan, lay pieces of sourdough bread and drizzle with salt and olive oil. Cook in the oven until golden, approximately 5 minutes.
- Check the eggs to make sure the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny.
- Garnish the eggs with extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley, mint leaves, and sea salt. Serve hot with the toasted bread.