BBQ Carrots make a healthy and flavorful side dish for any meal.
30 minutes, 2-4 servings
- 1/4 cup of Chef Adrienne Cheatham's Sweet Ginger BBQ Sauce
- 1 bunch medium sized carrots with tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced scallions for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Trim the tops of your carrots and leave about 1/4-inch of green at the top.
- Wash the carrots well under cold running water and use a towel or clean sponge to lightly rub any stubborn dirt on the skin and base of the green tops.
- Place carrots in a mixing bowl and toss with salt, pepper, and oil.
- Lay the carrots on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven, but keep the mixing bowl to toss the carrots again with the sauce later.
- Roast the carrots until blistered and tender, about 10-14 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and return the carrots to the bowl, toss with the BBQ sauce to coat evenly and return to the foil-lined tray.
- Place in the oven again and let the residual heat bake the sauce onto the carrots, about 5-6 minutes.
- Move to a serving plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and sliced scallion, serve while warm.