Did you know Farro is like really really good for you? Our founder, Carolyna, teamed up with Bellemille Olive Oil to make this insanely delicious (and nutritious) spin on classic risotto for her fam. This Cherry Tomato Farro Risotto has zesty olive oil from Tuscany, sweet tomatoes from Campania, and creamy Farro from Northern Italy... what could be better?!
Cherry Tomato Farro Risotto
1/2 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1lb Farro, washed thoroughly
2 cups chicken stock
Parmesan rind (optional if you have one in the fridge or freezer!)
Salt and pepper
- Warm a large cast iron pan or dutch oven on medium heat
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and begin cooking onions until lightly golden
- Add farro, another tablespoon of olive oil, and stir to combine, approx. 2 minutes
- Add chicken stock, sauce and parmesan rind. Stir to combine. Let cook for approximately 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese and eat immediately!